Hosted payment pages
Hosted payment pages are a processing option that enables merchants to redirect their customers to a payment page hosted by IXOPAY platform during the checkout process. The payment page is where customers securely enter their payment information.
Hosted payment pages are an attractive option for merchants who want to accept online payments without the complexity of building and securing their own payment page.
For a detailed, step-by-step guide on integrating hosted payment pages, refer to the hosted payment pages guide in our guides section.
- Merchants with limited technical resources who want a simple payment integration.
- Merchants who want to avoid the burden of building and maintaining their own payment page.
- Merchants who want to offer payment method selection via the IXOPAY platform.
- The customer initiates a purchase on the merchant's website.
- MerchantThe merchant sends a debit or preauthorize request to the IXOPAY platform.
- MerchantThe IXOPAY platform sends the result with a redirect URL to the merchant. Depending on the way you have setup your payment form, it may also contain a
"redirectType": "fullpage" // or iframe
Some PSPs might disallow rendering their payment's page in an
<iframe>and either attempt to break out of the
<iframe>or display an error.
- MerchantDepending on the
returnTypeof your payment form:
- The merchant redirects the customer's browser to the provided redirect URL, switching temporarily to the IXOPAY platform's payment page.
This can be done on the backend by responding to the customer with an HTTP redirect using a
LocationHTTP header or on the frontend by setting the browser's
- The merchant directs the customer's browser to load the provided redirect URL in a an
- The merchant redirects the customer's browser to the provided redirect URL, switching temporarily to the IXOPAY platform's payment page. This can be done on the backend by responding to the customer with an HTTP redirect using a
- The customer's browser loads the IXOPAY platform's payment page.
- The IXOPAY platform delivers the payment page.
- The customer completes the payment process on the IXOPAY platform's payment page.
If 3-D Secure authentication is used, the customer might be redirected to their bank's authentication page as an intermediate step.
- The IXOPAY platform processes the request and sends a transaction request to the PSP.
- The PSP processes the transaction and sends the result back to IXOPAY platform.
- MerchantThe IXOPAY platform processes the PSP's response and, using the
callbackUrlfield, notifies the merchant via a callback to the URL provided in the initial API call. This callback includes the payment status and any relevant details.
- MerchantThe merchant handles the callback; additionally, it is recommended to store the transaction's
uuidfor future use.
- MerchantThe merchant responds to the callback with:Callback response
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
- The IXOPAY platform redirects the customer to the merchants
errorUrl, depending on the status of the transaction.info
If the payment is in status
PENDINGthe user will still be redirected to the success page in
- The customer's browser loads the merchants response URL.
- MerchantThe merchant displays the appropriate thank-you or error page based on the payment status received in the callback. Depending on the
returnTypechosen, the page will render a full page in the browser or in an
Here's a visual representation of the processing flow using a sequence diagram:
- Guides: Hosted payment pages – a detailed walkthrough on how to integrate hosted payment pages into your application, with code examples.