Full-page redirects are a processing option, offered by the IXOPAY platform, that redirects the customer away from the merchant's site to the payment service provider's (PSP) payment page. This option is often required by alternative payment methods and is a popular choice for merchants who do not want to handle the payment process themselves.
- Alternative payment methods often require full-page redirects.
- Merchants who do not want to handle the payment process themselves may opt for full-page redirects.
- If the checkout page of the merchant is a static site, all processing can be handled by IXOPAY platform and the PSP.
- The customer initiates a purchase on the merchant's website.
- MerchantThe merchant sends a debit or preauthorize request to IXOPAY platform.
- The IXOPAY platform processes the request and sends a transaction request to the PSP.
- The PSP processes the transaction and sends the result back to IXOPAY platform.
- MerchantThe IXOPAY platform sends the result with a return type "redirect" and a redirect URL to the merchant.
- MerchantThe merchant redirects the customer's browser to the provided redirect URL, switching temporarily to the PSP's payment page. This can be done on the backend by responding to the customer with an HTTP redirect using a
LocationHTTP header or on the frontend by setting the browser's
- The customer's browser loads the PSP's payment page.
- The PSP delivers the payment page.
- The customer completes the payment process on the PSP's payment page.
- Once the payment is completed, the PSP sends a callback to the IXOPAY platform.
- MerchantThe IXOPAY platform processes the PSP's response and, using the
callbackUrlfield, notifies the merchant via a callback to the URL provided in the initial API call. This callback includes the payment status and any relevant details.
- MerchantThe merchant handles the callback; additionally, it is recommended to store the transaction's
uuidfor future use.
- MerchantThe merchant responds to the callback with:Callback response
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
- The IXOPAY platform responds to the PSP's callback.
- The PSP redirects the customer to the merchants
errorUrl, depending on the status of the transaction.info
If the payment is in status
PENDINGthe user will still be redirected to the success page in
- The customer's browser loads the merchants response URL.
- MerchantThe merchant displays the appropriate thank-you or error page based on the payment status received in the callback.
Here's a visual representation of the processing flow using a sequence diagram: